Introduction to BE for young learners
WHEN TO USE BE
· To talk about someone’s AGE.
Ex: I am 16. He is 18.
· To talk about someone’s NATIONALITY.
Ex: I am French. They are American.
· To describe the COLOUR, SIZE, SHAPE of an object.
Ex: It’s blue. It’s big. It’s round.
· To talk about someone’s PERSONALITY.
Ex: I am a little jealous. She is very curious.
· To talk about someone’s JOB.
Ex: I am a teacher. You are a doctor.
· To talk about someone’s FEELINGS.
Ex: We are happy. They are surprised.
Circle the right answer!
1. You am / is / are French.
2. We am / is / are curious.
3. Tom am / is / are American.
4. I am / is / are nine.
5. They am / is / are patient.
6. Jane am / is / are six.
7. We am / is / are Italian.
8. Bob and Mark am / is / are seven.
9. I am / is / are German.
10. You am / is / are happy.
Complete with the right forms of BE!
11. I ______ from
12. This ______ my sister. She ______ four.
13. Jenny and Lisa ______ Canadian.
14. We ______ jealous.
15. You ______ ten.
16. My brother ______ in the garden.
17. We ______ in the classroom.
18. They ______ from
19. He ______ twelve.
20. I ______ nervous.
Feel free to comment your answers on the comment box bellow! I really want to know if you got it right!!
See you next class!